I just love when you can smell the change of season's in the air.
I went for my afternoon walk (which usually happens at 5:30 a.m.) on Sunday.
I live a block from our local lake and was so happy to see the Snow Geese with a few Canadians mixed in, heading North.
I love to hear the honking as they fly over the house.
The geese sound out the start of Spring and the beginning of Fall for me, when they head back South.
The Linden tree in our front yard is covered in buds.
The snow on Sunday was melting away and as of Monday it was gone.
What a beautiful blue sky too.
The sun seems to be shining extra bright even today.
It is a good time to stop and take in the beauty of God's creations we see every day with new eyes.
I always wonder about that with people who live in places that offer such awesome sights.
Do they stop to enjoy the beauty of it on their ride home or has it turned into the same trees, mountain, sky, etc., as it was yesterday.
I always wonder that when we are on a road trip or on vacation to a different part of the country.
To me, Nebraska is flat.
The ride to Lincoln is flat.
But go 60 miles west of Norfolk and you start to run into the sandhills.
Talk about enjoying the scenery.
With the onset of "Daylight Savings Time" on Sunday, March 11th,
it will seem weird to wake up and go walking with out seeing the sunrise.
When I leave in the early morning hours, Orion is right above my front door.
I always say good morning to him.
Being married to a hunter and having a son who loves to hunt,
he is our guardian and is always welcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
What a beautiful description of your part of the world,Vern...TFS!
Post a Comment